books or manuals on engine swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mobomelter

I recently decided that I'd like to get into the world of Honda with a 4th gen crx and a nice d16z6 engine. I was wondering if anyone knows any good books or manuals that would help me out on this project. Like tell me what parts I need to make the swap work. Or links to a good how-to article on that particular engine and car. Thanks for any and all help. (i'm new so don't flame)

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 27 2004, 06:51 PM
You came to the right spot. Check the swap articles here, they have some good info...
[post=408304]Quoted post[/post]​

I looked at them but i need info on like that exact swap. Or something really close. thanks, my friend referred me here.

What are you looking for, a step by step guide to swapping your motor? Try c-speedracing.com I think they have it step by step with pictures.

Also, there's a book that came out a few years back called Honda Engine Swaps by Aaron Bonk. It doesn't walk you through the exact swapping procedure, but it does a nice job of laying out what parts you're gonna need and any difficulties you might run into.

You can buy at it a store for about $20, but I'd look for it on the internet first. I downloaded the whole thing from somewhere a while back, but I don't exactly remember where now. I'll try and find it for you.

First thing I'd recommend as I've JUST gotten into the honda scene myself these last 5 months and just started work on my first swap with the help of people on this forum (THE BEST FORUM for honda swaps) I'd say the first thing you should do is buy a Haynes manual and get familiar with it and your car. There's even a section in it with a complete step by step engine removal and installation procedures in the overhaul chapter. The manual covers your car down to the very last bolt and I'd never dive into another part of my car like my dash without looking it up in that manual. I refer to it with every thing I do to my civic.

I have read a great deal of information on this site. This was not my first resource though...

I did a great deal of reading that led me to this site. That said, i have learned a great deal in posting here so continue to do so. The books that i own are:

Honda/Acura Performance, by Mike Kojima (HP Books)

Sport Compact Car, Engine and Driveline Performance Handbook (Motorbooks Workshop)

How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems, also by the above publisher.

These have been a great help to me and are available via Amazon as we speak.

What is missing from my library is a real how to when it comes to rebuilding an engine, the art itself.

hope this helps

O and i managed to purchase an entire FSM for the Integra from 94 - 07 on ebay for a mere dollar (plus 7.95 shipping...)

look around and you will be amazed.

but ask questions before you buy or you will be broke and sorry... :D

Back