boost controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

i was wondering if u guys had any expirence wit those ebay manual boost controllers....just wondering if they are good or not???? thanx guys

yea, there's a ton of those crappy ones though
lol

you know much about them? i was thinking of buying or making one of them to increase boost after i get my computer ish...
non adjustable internal wategates suck

pull the wastegate off :) your turbo will die before you give it too much psi anyway :D

Does the actuator have a threaded end? Is it bolted to the bracket or rivots?

If its bolted, just put washers in between the actuator and teh bracket, it will increase boost.

Same goes for a threaded rod, just shorten it and stretch it onto the flapper. This will also increase boost.

I have a TurboXS MBC, its the high performance one, I'll sell it to you very cheap ;)

mine has no threaded rod, it is bolted to the compressor housing with these 8mm head size bolts

how much for the MBC and how did you like it?

It works well. Prolly $20 shipped.

I just like the EBC better, I can change on the fly inside the car. This way I can drive around at a low setting and try to conserve gas as much as possible, then if I need a lil extra burst to beat someones ass, I just hold a button down and 6psi becomes 10. :D

You can try just spacing the actuator from the bracket, this will raise boost. Try 1 washer first then move up to 2 and 3...etc....

eh, the bolts are really small and not something i want to mess with...
and they are a huge pain in the ass to get to as well...

so how much was your EBC?

so pretty much they suck n shit and prob jump boost n shit....

I prefer the EBC so I can keep the boost low under normal conditions and hit a button and have a high mode.

The MBC works fine though. I had no issues using it on my Matrix.

Back