boost guage install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

hey guys,

i picked up a brand new set of faze guages, a boost and an oil temp. hooked it into my rehostat for my dim switch, and the guages work awesome, you can dim them and everything, but my whole fuckin cluster went dead. no tach no lights, no anything, everything just unplugs as you probably know, unplugged it all pull the cluster, installe the guages, tapped into the 1 wire i needed, and put it back together and its all dead. the clock doesnt even work (93 del sol has the clock on the cluster) the only light that comes on with the key on is my oil light, but its very dim and when you turn the dimmer switch it gets brighter andlower, but no seatbelt light or batter light or SRS light with the key on. any clue??

i havent messed with any grounds or had anything else apart. i check all fuses and they are all ok!

rehostat, or rheostat is your dimmer dial...

how did you check fuses?
check them again, and possibly use a diffrent method...

did you unplug the gauges? or you unhooked them and made everything back to stock?

last option = check gauge bulbs...

do your gauges work, just no back lighting?
or do the gauges not work at all?

if its #2 then you might need a new gauge cluster?
its all electronic and could be fried depending on what you did...

wow, never heard of a rehostat?? anyways

PROBLEM FIXED. sounds dumb enough, i had the same problem once on my 92 tegy GS.

checked fuses the proper way the first time, key on. snap on test light, go terminal to terminal.

the thing that gave it away to me was the fact my cd deck didnt have power either. i know the radio recieves power in teh same Junction as the cluster. anyways waht it ended up being was Junction C507. its your connector basically for all guages etc. the lock on the connector unhooked somehow, or wasnt plugged in fully previously, so with me with my head under the dash routing wires i must have nudged it and moved it enough to move it out just enough to break the connection. pushed hte junction connector in half and inch, it clicked and baddam everything is fully operational, even my beloved clock! :p

i was thinkin for a second there that i fried something, but i had battery disconnected. but still couldnt figure out what the hell i could have done to blow it up. ive only had to Re and Re atleast 50 or 60 honda clusters. thanx for the input man, boost guage is fully operational. well for this week its only a vacuum gauge lol

for the oil temp they give me a little thermister for a sensor. i figured the best place was to drill and tap the oil pan?? unless there is an easier place...any suggestions??

thanx again!

Back