Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Marcizo

Hey guys. After careful considerations, I'm planning to put an ls motor on my 99civic. and i'm going turbo on it. so here's the question, how much boost can the stock b18 take, i mean without anything falling apart. and can you guys give me a list of some good turbo kits out there? thanks

Without modifying anything on the motor I would be conservative and run about 8-10psi max. But that would still be pretty decent for a stock motor.

Peace, Theron <_<

depends what kinda of feul setup you have, and what size turbo you decide to use.
small turbo, good fuel management- 12
larger turbo, good fuel managemetn - 8

small turbo, fmu crap - 5
large turbo, fmu crap- 3

My advice is to lead a normal life and get a normal car, something along the lines of .........

Pontiac Bonneville!

If you were a " SERIOUS TUNER ", you would know to build the enigne before you even put it in your car, and then run 20psi, thats if you are serious

RESPECT!

RESPECT?! what? Look, I came here to this website to get some questions answered. Not to get some smart remarks like yours.
didn't your mama teach you, "you have to earn your respect"?
or how about "if you have nothing good to say, it's better for you to say nothing at all?"
and besides where the heck did you start off talking like that? like you were born with all the knowledge you have now! <_<

Originally posted by ForceFedSol@May 1 2003, 10:46 PM
My advice is to lead a normal life and get a normal car, something along the lines of .........

Pontiac Bonneville!

If you were a " SERIOUS TUNER ", you would know to build the enigne before you even put it in your car, and then run 20psi, thats if you are serious

RESPECT!

alright asshole, don't fuckin' come to this board and trash it up with all you shit talkin' nonsence. this board is for learning and that's what he came here for, don't be such a dick... you'll get yourself banned. he never claimed to be a "serious tuner" and not everybody on this site is. so quit tryin' to make yourself look cool and just STFU until you have something useful to add to the board.

he has been warned.

next time he posts soemthing stupid, report to me/another admin and ban his IP

I am new to this and or any other message board. But I work on a lot of cars.

Fuel management is the key with forced induction exspecialy at high boost levels.
I don't recomend any honda over 10 lbs with poor fuel managment. Yeah I have seen more but boost with consideration to your internals.

F-max makes a realy decent kit

thanks for the info guys. i really appreciate it. from what i've got, fuel management would be the other thing to look into when turbocharging a car. thanks.

Back