BOOStin a d15 b7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPOOLIN95

hi i have a 1995 honda civic wit a d15 b7 obv ..... i want to trubo this thing i found a kit on ebay looks pretty good fo wat i need it to do im jus wanderin wat can this engine handle in terms of max boost and horse wit the stock internals thanks

First off, don't buy an eBay kit. You're better off piecing together your own, or buying something thats already been done for you, like a Greddy.

In terms of the power handling capabilities of your engine, it all really depends on the tune. You might get 200whp safely, you might get 130whp and have parts and pieces flying everywhere in a week. You definately need to do some researching. Do you know what size turbo you want? Whats your budget for this project?

umm... the budget right now is undecided but im hopin to get somtin for like a grand or less ...for the kit ...plus im not sure how to tune this son ova ...... im from the DSM land were everybody uses the same engine and pretty much everybody s got the same set up ... doe any1 no if a 1g exuast manifold fits onto the d15 witout alot of drillin .. thnaks ... the link for the turbo kit i found i dunno if this looks to reliable rhttp://cgi.ebay.ca/HONDA-88-00-CIVIC-T3-T4-FULL-TURBO-UPGRATE-KIT-D15-D16_W0QQitemZ230180492266QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIteme

That kit is a piece of shit. Piece together your own. Plus, a T3/T4 on that little d15b is going to be too much. All you really need for your goals is a dsm turbo. Say a t25. Will cost ya around 150$ for the turbo, 200 for the mani, 100 or so for intercooler, 40 for a bov off ebay, then you have gauges/fuel management/exhaust/tuning on top of that.

You are better off with a civic hf manifold with an adaptor plate. No drilling required. Just bolt it up.

Oh and the D15s have tooth pick rods. I'm not 100% sure of how much power they can handle but I don't think its that much.

Back