1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boosting an H22

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 1994accord, Aug 14, 2008.

1. 1994accord

1994accord New Member

So i am thinking off dropping an H22 into my 94' Accord and boosting it as a project/learning experience and fun. I know there is a lot of work and $$$ involved. I want to be able to run 10 pounds DD very safely. Anyone kind enough to tell me all the things I will need to do? I know I need to bore and re- sleeve, lower compression pistons, bigger injectors, etc... I know i am missing a lot more.
    Thank you:)

P.S. I wouldn't mind some opinions from people who have boosted H22's before;)

2. b16stalyun

b16stalyun New Member

hi, you sound new to the turbo world. read this first G2IC Turbo Guide - A Guide to Turbocharging your Honda / Acura Integra

from what i know the h series motors have weak trannies and when you start applying alot of power (like from a turbo) stuff breaks real easy.

also the cylinder walls are weak as hell.

point: your gonna spend alot of money if you go into this build. depends on how much $ you are working with.

3. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

You forgot one thing; how much hp are you looking to achieve?

PSI should not be the number your looking at. Set a power goal, and then run the appropriate amount of boost. And PSI is relative to the size of the turbo. A large turbo flows many many more CFMs at a given PSI compared to that of a smaller turbo which would push lower CFMs.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

He stated that he was going to get the block sleeved, so the FRM sleeves would no longer be an issue. Also, I'm not aware of any inherent weaknesses in the H22 transmissions. I think he would be fine with an upgraded clutch...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted