Boosting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

int3gl2a_typ3l2

a 92 teg with a b16a in it but now he is deciding whether or not to go ALL MOTOR or Boost? For the boost he doesn't want
of boost though cuz he is using it for everyday driving and street stuff? are there certain things he has to do to prep his engine for a small amount of boost? or can a stock engine be alright?

He'd probably be okay with something small like 6 psi and a FMU, but once he goes over 8 psi he'll probably be blowing his motor with out internal strengthening.

for a small amount of turbo like that (6psi) how much do you think is a good price for the turbo kit itself without the installations!?

Tuning my friend, its all in the tuning. that said look into a engine management computer (preferably Hondata) and get someone who knows about tuning to tune it for you to your requirements.

It may expensive, but less than a damaged engine if you catch my drift.

With the proper tuning you can run more boost, make more hp and run more reliably, still wouldnt take it over 10 psi without engine work though just to be safe :thumbsup:

BTW people have ran more boost (probably intercooled though) than that on a higher compression engine (ITR) and made crazy hp. Like i said its all in the tuning.

In my totally unprofessional opinion, if you are looking for just a little more power, boost is not for you. To me, 6 psi on a stock block is a waste of money on turbo stuff.

if i were you, i'd swap an ls bottom end on there with the ls/vtec combo info we have in the faq forum, and gain a bunch of torque and mid range daily driving power band. done correctly, lots of people see 180 wheel horsepower and 13-140 ft/lbs of torque.
frankly, thats what you'd get off 6psi from a turbo on a stock b16 as well.

Tuning is your friend... Go turbo if u have you get it tuned in u can run up to 12psi on stock internals.. We have a crx in are group running 12psi with the hondata s200 with boost option.. tune tune tune is the key but dont take over 12 psi..

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 1 2003, 11:13 PM

if i were you, i'd swap an ls bottom end on there with the ls/vtec combo info we have in the faq forum, and gain a bunch of torque and mid range daily driving power band. done correctly, lots of people see 180 wheel horsepower and 13-140 ft/lbs of torque.
frankly, thats what you'd get off 6psi from a turbo on a stock b16 as well.

Well It depends what size turbo you are runing at 6psi. Remember B its all about CFM that the turbo is throwing out.

yeah but that still really isn't that big of a turbo. I know it would take forever and a day to get a T60+ spooled up but man those last 15RPM's before redline would hit hard! lol He was just talking about HP figures. Not a good turbo that is running efficiant in the center of the island on a efficiancy chart.

Back