Bore and Stroke

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spooner

I am going to get it done after port and polish and wheels. Just wanted to know how much you think I should get it done/what would be the highest that would help out. Thanks in advance. Engine is DOHC ZC, just so you know.

Well, I don't have any numbers for you, but some advice. Why don't you wait and get it port and polished at the same time as you get it bored, that way you only hae to take it apart and put it together once.

That's true...But from what I have heard Bore and Stroke is gonna cost like almost 2 grand where as I can get it port and polished for like 500-800...But I don't know...My job isn't the best in the world and money is a little problem. But saving will take quite a while. Not to mention I still have to pay the car off.

Take your time, haste is the great example of why "Good Projects Go Bad!"

Save it all up, and do it at the same time, it WILL save some labor.

Originally posted by odnet@Apr 10 2004, 06:01 PM
Save it all up, and do it at the same time, it WILL save some labor.

Not to mention a shit load of cash on the little shit no seems to think about like gaskets and fluids, that can add up to what $50-$100.

Anyone know what the hp increase would be if I get the engine bore and stroked as well as port and polished? Just looking to run some numbers and calculate some stuff.

Originally posted by Spooner@Apr 10 2004, 10:20 AM
That's true...But from what I have heard Bore and Stroke is gonna cost like almost 2 grand where as I can get it port and polished for like 500-800...But I don't know...My job isn't the best in the world and money is a little problem. But saving will take quite a while. Not to mention I still have to pay the car off.

Get a better job first.

Back