bore out stock B16 intake manifold?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can bore out a stock JDM B16a1 intake manifold to fit a 70mm throttle body and if so how much horsepower will it give me. :worthy:

If I buy either one of those I'll still have to bore it out to fit the throttle body and this is just going to be my back up motor once I get the rest of my ITR motor done.

i'm sure you're read this line a million times because i know i've stated it at least a million times
there is no way we can tell you how much HP you'll get from it.
it really depends on your other mods, sorry just annoys the shit out of me when i see people ask that.
you can bore out your stock b16 mani, but i woudln't, i would get skunk2 or itr, bore those out, they have better runners.. or if you're going 70mm TB you must have some wicked cams in there, then i'd look at the JG victor X mani, i think that one takes a 70mm tb without boring.

well, you would have to change runner length too, they are pretty long on the B16 mani compared to ITR or aftermarket.

I was wondering how much of a difference it will be if I go ITR or Skunk over the bored B16?

you will get more top end from an itr/s2 unit but more midrange from the b16 IM..

do you drag race it? street it? autoX it??

that's what it all depends on.

yeah but i would recommend the skunk II manifold, you will get the best power out of it, plus the more top end, plus your nitrous and ytou are good to go

I'm not really looking for top end right now because I have trap speed at 104.8 and that should be high 12,low 13 and I'm running 13.7 so need more towards bottom.

Back