Bose needs to be stopped.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seriously... the Acoustimass series is one of their biggest scams ever.

I don't disagree that there are a lot of better speakers for the price, and for more money you can of course get better speakers, just saying I have always had a pretty good experiance with them. I don't know about the car speakers, but home have never dissappointed.

That article is full of voodoo audio science. Sure, bose isn't good; but at least i don't have to lie to know that.

1. complains about paper as material, its' "poor resonant properties" (ha! tell that to metal cone/dome users, it'll make them feel better)

2. knocks "novelty" 6 and 18" subwoofers. (see Adire Extremis 6.8, near 7" mid range with output to 30hz care of 13mm xmax. Also, 18's are not a joke in pro, car, or home use)

3. "Smaller subwoofers move faster and thus have tighter bass response for improved clarity and accuracy"
Now "faster" and "tighter" are words used to describe either:
A. transient response - only affected by inductance, not mass
or B. a midbass dip - makes the sub sound delayed in attack

Just remember this:
"Written by:
- Rich Wang, Webmaster Intellexual.net"

Wanna make your own audio article, B? :lol:

Haha this line cracked me up...
Don't just listen for clean output, low distortion, boomy bass, and sharp highs. Any speaker can do that, only good speakers can reproduce music with acoustic realism.

I'll revise

Don't just look for good throttle response, strong low end power, and a strong powerband, crisp handling or good brakes, make sure the car replicates a F1 lap.

Originally posted by TommyTheCat+Jul 13 2005, 09:19 AM-->
That article is full of voodoo audio science. Sure, bose isn't good; but at least i don't have to lie to know that.

Just remember this:
"Written by:
- Rich Wang, Webmaster Intellexual.net"

Wanna make your own audio article, B? :lol:
[post=525356]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I've read that article before... it's full of tons of crap too, just like Bose.

92b16vx
@Jul 13 2005, 03:01 PM
Haha this line cracked me up...

Don't just look for good throttle response, strong low end power, and a strong powerband, crisp handling or good brakes, make sure the car replicates a F1 lap.
[post=525633]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Bose's Acousticrap systems are generally pretty clean until about half volume- then they start to distort quite a bit. They don't hold together at high (bearable) volumes for very long. Trust me- I've heard more than my share of dead Bose stuff. The material and technology is old, but it's not bad- it's just overpriced and their marketing department uses some pretty underhanded sales tactics.

One thing that's immediately apparent when you listen to an Acousticrap system though is the unbalanced sound. It's way too bright in the mid-high to high frequencies, and there's a HUGE hole between the frequencies the bass module is capable of producing without "farting" and where the satellite speakers pick up again. Hell, even my dad was able to hear the gap.

Well, the "buzzing" which sounded more like "farting" as Mike put it, has seemed to have gone away. At least, temporarily. It's still on my list to replace all this crap though.

I'd honestly say that the Acousticrap 5 system is about equivalent to something you can put together yourself for about $300-400 tops.

Yeah, I know- but the discussion quickly went semi off topic to if Bose in sucked or not in general. :)

Back