bottom end

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

I have a mini-me, b7 block z6 head with about 10.6:1 cr.
I want to rebuild all of my short block, pistons, rods, crank,timing belt, oil pump, etc. I would like to make it bullet proof.
I am looking for suggestions about piston type, forged, stock?(I would like to keep it stock bore if possible). rods and a good crank, bearings, bolts, oil pump everything I will need or should get.
Also is it possible to do this with the engine in the car?

I have done alot to my cars but i have never messed with the bottom end, any suggestions or tips along the way would be help full?

#1 tip, remove motor from car, send short block to engine builder...

no experience = tragic results...

how many miles on motor? if its got over 100K it could prob use at least a slight bore with slightly larger pistons to refresh it...

whats your goals? and why bullet proof?

bullet proof for 300 whp vs. bullet proof for 600 whp...

The car has 130,000 on it. But it runs great, I want to go with some boost i think and its going to be a low boost, high compression, build.

Also i have alot of experience with my car and engines in general ive been around them since i was real young and my father is very good at about everything so he helps me on anything i don't get.

But i like doing it myself Im a really good wrencher(but amatuer).I would like to this project myself or maybe someone else but i want to take it apart and build it up and I know i can put it back together.

Back