bought a messed up b16a swap.. grrrr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox19

So to make a long story short (will go into detail later) I bought a civic with an integra b16 jdm swap. when I bought it it was in "limp mode" no biggy as the price ($1000) was a good price with the engine compression fine and the tranny good. I drove it in that mode 60 miles to my house with an issue (other than below 3800 rpm)
Got it home and went to find the code on what was wrong. now is where I find out more. It has a pr4. and ODB1 pr4 that is... sure enough it has the harness adapter. so now I am trying to find out how I can get the codes to find out what is wrong. because odb0 uses a led on the ecu, and the pr4 I have is not the odb0 pr4 that has that led. so no led. also because it uses the odb0 wiring harness I dont have an odb socket (that I can find)

heeeeellp!!!!

Odie

The jumper harness should have 2 wires that you jump together so you can count the blinks of the CEL on the gauge cluster. If you can't locate these wires, go to the reference section and see what pins they are at the ecu connector. Try jumping them from there.

thanks a bunch! I have the pinout printed out and ready for after work. I founds D4 as SCS – Service check Signal Wire color brown.

I am currently trying to get this running before I swap it into my other car. I have a Fiat X19 and want the power/reliability of the honda. one of the guys on the fiat forum has done this swap with great results (others have done the k seiries as well, but I am not that rich LOL )

Walter Biswanger's B16 X1/9 Conversion Part 1

thanks!

Odie

Just give that SCS wire a ground and you got your blinking CEL :D

Back