Bought a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

Welp, the celica i bought turned out to be a POS Lemon(No i didn't end up paying a dime on it, dispute through CC company for fraud purchase)......So i did this the right way...

My dad's good friend runs a Chevy dealership(my Uncle use to run the place about 2 months ago)..So i went to look at some cars up there..

Well there was a Beautiful 2000 Ford Explorer Limited wih 61982 on it and the sticker was 14995.....So i drove it and i twas so sweet. ....Keep in mind i was driving a 1991 4 runner with 227982 miles........I never even considered looking at a Ford before..but this car is loaded.....Its the top of the line Explorer and retailed for 37k.....Leather, Heated Seats, Power Seats, Heated Mirrors, Power mirrors, Power Sunroof...i mean everything...Mint, and i mean MINT condition interior...Beautiful Blue Color....

So i said i wanted it....Sticker price 14995....Friend Hook up price....11,100..so i said hellz yea ..i also picked up a 3 year warranty at Emplyee cost....

They gave me 700 for my 4 Runner<cry>

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 29 2004, 08:52 AM
haha you're like the guys at the track who tow their vettes with ford pickups :p
[post=438573]Quoted post[/post]​

hahhahaah, never thought of that :)

:thumbsup: i just recently aquired a Ford Ranger Splash as a new project vehicle. good luck with the Explorer. oh also check out rangerpowersports.com because the Explorer is in the Ranger family :)

is it save to assume that you got the v8 4wd, because its fully loaded? anyways, good buy...my friends parents ahve a 2000 explorer v8 4wd, and its really nice on the inside and its drives really well.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Dec 29 2004, 10:01 AM
fyi, explorers dont tow for SHIT... v6? v8? 2wd? 4wd?
[post=438588]Quoted post[/post]​

You know what i really don't know, i'll have to find out.... but i hope its a the 4.0v6, i don't really want a 5.0 v8, i bought this truck over a chevy 1500 xt cab that had a v8...i don't wanna get killed on gas

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Dec 29 2004, 09:35 AM
.... Beautiful 2000 Ford Explorer Limited wih 61982 ...retailed for 37k...bought for 11,100.
[post=438572]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit. The car is about 5 years old now and it has lost about 26,000 Dollars? Holy shit that is shitty resale value. If honda's were like that, I would be driving an S2k right now.

You know what i really don't know, i'll have to find out.... but i hope its a the 4.0v6, i don't really want a 5.0 v8, i bought this truck over a chevy 1500 xt cab that had a v8...i don't wanna get killed on gas
[post=438730]Quoted post[/post]​

That is not really true. I got 15-21 mpg with my 2004 Silverado ext 5.3l. I have seen some exploders get worse than that.

Back