bought a sohc vtec head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

well i finally found one, $225 shipped so thats not too bad considering it has almost everything i need for my minime. no its not a b series, yes i know b series are better im just doing what i can with my current situation of school loans,debt, and no job.
s3f3f165981663.jpg

plan on getting a cam and the new skunk2 mani when i get some more money, what do you guys think?

I say sell the Z6 IM, and buy a D16Y8--procede to PnP it and receive better performance for about the same price.

y8 head? i couldnt find one, i lost on ebay for the only one i have seen that was reasonable. plus this one had the dist. intake mani,injectors and everything else seen, all the others didnt. you think i shouldnt have gotten this head?

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Aug 17 2003, 01:02 AM
y8 head? i couldnt find one, i lost on ebay for the only one i have seen that was reasonable. plus this one had the dist. intake mani,injectors and everything else seen, all the others didnt. you think i shouldnt have gotten this head?

for n/a. the smaller combustion chambers of the y8 is better.

Z6 is fine, if you want more compression, get a D16Y8 head gasket (it's thinner) and get the y8 IM if you can. I sold the Z6 IM for like 125 plus shipping complete on ebay.

damn, i have been looking on sites and didnt see that mentioned. i just want to get something i can have fun with so its not that big of a deal. can someone point me in the direction of a good build up for minime, i have read a few like crxperf pg but any other. im putting this on a d15b7. i have been doing searches.

you think so huh, show me one thats cheaper. i looked on partstrader ebay and classifieds, this one had more for less

For a z6 head, that is a little over priced. You can get a complete y8 head for around that if you keep searching.

I wouldn't buy the whole y8, the mini-me results in a little better numbers then a stock y8 or z6.

oh well i didnt think 225 shipped was that much. the y8 head i bid on didnt have a im, dist or vavle cover just the head and it went for 185 before shipping. important thing is im happy with it and i hope i can get it up and running pretty soon.

Werd.... find out if you can find some dohc ZC pistons to go with that. The crower set (cam, valve springs, retainers) is only like $600. With those pistons, cam, valvespings and retainers you might see like 140-150 hp. I think it's 12.6:1. I'm not sure though, ask Calesta....

Back