Bought myself an XMas I mean holiday.. gift today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article...?article_id=585
check out the big video at the bottom.

My brother use to fly planes all the time and has moved onto choppers, I remember even after many flights he still had problems flying helis. It took him a long time to get it down to the point where he could fly as he wished and started to get into tricks.

Anywho, I've been wanting to get into helis, but never wanted to spend big bucks to get the full setup. Now that it's 2005 I've found that you can buy a mini heli that does everything the full size nitro powered ones do (just not as fast or powerful) After reading some reveiws it turns out they're really nice little toys.

Welp today I took her out for the first time. All I can say is it's true what everyone says.
#@$*)@*$#)($# HARD!!!!!!!

RC cars go foward, they turn left and right but only if they're moving foward.

Helis, go up down left right sideways-left, right, foward, back. That's not so bad IF the heli would stay still, as soon as it makes lift it can lean in any direction. To fix this you have to counter steer it, only to over correct it and well.... in my case I shut her down and start off again.

I've got it to where I can pull it up and keep it somewhat still, keyword somewhat.

I'm just happy that my blades lived past the first flight. they're not 100% there but they're still intact and work.

for $224.99 for a RTF kit (= 8 aa batteries) this thing rocks! I've spent more on basic car kits with no motors/radios.

If you're at getting into the world of R/C flight, I think this is a great cheap way to do it.

BTW replacment parts are dirt cheap! the only thing worth anything is the radio unit.

blades, 9.99 main shaft 3.99. rear blade something like 4.99.
motors are also cheap under $20.00

You can even buy a crash kit that comes with all the items that are easy to break.

For $224.99 you can't beat this toy!

thats pretty sweet... Looks small in comparison to some... And at first i was like... No Gas No care... But you bring up a good point... Better to crash a $200 helicopter than a $1000 helicopter...

Quoted post[/post]]
thats pretty sweet... Looks small in comparison to some... And at first i was like... No Gas No care... But you bring up a good point... Better to crash a $200 helicopter than a $1000 helicopter...

I'm a big fan of Nitro, The thing that makes this little bugger so neat is its tiny and clean, you can run it indoors, outdoors, anywhere.

Plus its powerful enough to fly upside down and do flips and such.

Size wise its about 16" long with a blade span of about 14" the body is about 6" long.

it is tiny.

This should give you an idea of just how small it is.
56.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
Some dude over on D-Series.org (I think, it might actually be here) is selling an RC car that does 60-65mph. I wish I had the dough for that. :mrgreen:

Most Nitro street cars do over 50mph unless its a basic kit, most of the racing kits for the higher end models do 60-70mph.

www.towerhobbies.com =)~

I have 2 off road trucks that do 40+mph and 2 street cars 1 is about to get a new motor and should hit 50+ easily as it's geared, and 70-80 if I wanted to gear it down, and the other is a toy for rachelle it should do an easy 40 on a chit motor.

I've got a pretty much all stock TMaxx... Out of the box it will do 40... Not bad for a 4wd monster truck... :) Its hard to control at top speed though...

One of these days I should blow the dust off of it and get it running again... :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
I've got a pretty much all stock TMaxx... Out of the box it will do 40... Not bad for a 4wd monster truck... :) Its hard to control at top speed though...

One of these days I should blow the dust off of it and get it running again... :cry:

I have an 1/8th scale monster truck that puts the Tmaxx to shame (also had one of those) however the Tmaxx handles like a 911 VS the big ass monster truck.

.21 motor with 2.3ish HP with tires that make the tmaxx look like a basic RS4 =)~

Quoted post[/post]]
Here's that one I was talking about, don't know if you need a D-Series user ID or not...http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32075. It's an RC10GT Nitro and has a CRV .18 motor in it. He wants $500 shipped with a brand new controller and a lot of tweeked out parts. If I had the money, I'd probably buy it.

Yeah, I've got some friends who are seriously into RC racing. Like, they belong to RC car clubs and shit. I've gotten to drive their cars a few times and those things are fucking fast. I've been meaning to get myself one for about two years, but I always seem to find something for my drums or car that I want more. :laugh:

I'm about to order a .18 CVR it cost all of $89.99 I'm going to slap that on my AWD offroad racing truck.

Sounds like $500.00 is way high for a used RC car.

Brandnew RC10GTs go for 260-280ish with motor and remote (everything you need to run it)
CVR .18 is 89.99 and who knows whatever other hopup parts but 500 is not worth it.

thats like buying a 98 Civic EX and putting a JRSC on it and trying to get $15K for the car.

I picked up a full Nitro RS4 with remote, motor, chassis the whole 9 yards for $50,00 used. Only thing it needed was new clutch pads ($3.99 part)

Back