? Bout B16 Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mr.paower

do I need to take off cams to get to the head bolts????havent done any b series engine yet and the manuals say that u do ...but I have done the sohcs and u dont need to take the cam out ....any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

yes the camshafts are directly above the holes where the haed bolts are. When you take everything apart, lay it out in the order that the parts go in so you don't put something back in the wrong place.

please buy a chilton/hanes manual they show tourque specs and tightening sequence other wise maby some one can help u out by posting an online manual or where they are This stuff is VERY IMPORTANT its not intierly lefty loosey stuff. :readfaq:

yes the camshafts are directly above the holes where the haed bolts are. When you take everything apart, lay it out in the order that the parts go in so you don't put something back in the wrong place. -ryanwolfe911

read the faq...

i have the torque sequences and the 2 stage torque specs for a b series head posted in there.

Originally posted by junhondasi@Jun 2 2003, 04:22 PM
please buy a chilton/hanes manual they show tourque specs and tightening sequence other wise maby some one can help u out by posting an online manual or where they are This stuff is VERY IMPORTANT its not intierly lefty loosey stuff. :readfaq:

ICK!
get a helms manual, fuck everything else.
http://www.helminc.com

:werd:
Chiltons/Haynes = :thumbsdown:

Helms is the only manual worth getting.

Back