1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brake conversion for a 90 si hatch

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by dragoon118, Oct 15, 2003.

1. dragoon118

dragoon118 Member

my friend just picked up a 90 si hatch. it has front disks and rear drums. is there a oem conversion that could give him four wheel disks and bigger disks brakes than he has now.
    would the spindles and hubs from a 90-93 integra fit the 90 civic si?
    what would the parts list look like to do a oem brake conversion.
    thanks for the help

2. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

90-91 Civic EX 4 door brakes are re-aligned Integra spindles with better alignment specs for the Civic chassis. They are 10" rotors for the front, I think.

For the rear, you have a few choices. Since the car is a hatchback, the easiest is to get the complete trailing arm with spindle, brake rotors, calipers, soft brake lines, and ebrake cables from a 90-93 integra. The ebrake cables mount right up where your stockers were, and everything is a simple bolt on. I've done this on my 91 Si.

If you want, you can get the rear disk brake assemblies off a 90-91 CRX Si, but the ebrake cables are more than a foot too short and don't fit right.

[​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted