Brake rotor/caliper upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andrew

I have a 1991 Crx si, so it has 4-wheel disc brakes. Here are my questions

1. I was wondering if I could install front calipers on the rear?
I'd obviously need to put front-size rotors on there, but was just wondering if the calipers would mount right in, with no fabrication, or are the brake lines different sizes(planning on getting braided lines to install too)

2. What are some good aftermarket Rotors and calipers to use?
I know there are those slotted and cross-drilled rotors, but I've read that they arent as effective as regular ones. Is this true, or are they a wise investment?
Will my stock calipers work for daily driving(duh) and some agressive driving/autocross, or should I go ahead and invest in some new ones?

Thanks
-Andrew

well, look how they are mounted, the fronts are bigger, obviously so the proportioning valve will not work for the claipers that are the same size

Is it worth it to try and put front brakes in the back, or should i just upgrade the rotors/pads and call it an easy day?

Quoted post[/post]]
Is it worth it to try and put front brakes in the back, or should i just upgrade the rotors/pads and call it an easy day?

You got the just of it all man - you got the Si version of the CR-X. I myself have the HF. Lighter weight, but stuck with my not so favorite drums (that's why they have the wonderful Integra swap :mrgreen: )

Stick with the setup you got and invest in some nice pads and rotors.

Back