Brake Upgrade Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

I have a '93 Ex, with no ABS and back drums. I want to upgrade the back to discs, but i am also planning big power and want to run a 13" slick. I know if i upgrade the back and not the front there will be uneven brake distribution.

Will a GSR brake conversion up front and back allow me to still run a 13" Slick?

Or should i just get some new rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, SS Braided lines on my stock ish and call it a day?

Brake distribution will be determined by the proportioning valve.

Some models even though they have drums in the back, the prop valve may not need to be changed. You need to look at the number on the side ones that have the same two numbers, 40/40, 30/30 are fine, if it says something like 40/30, 30/20, you might want to change it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 24 2004, 12:20 PM
Brake distribution will be determined by the proportioning valve.

Some models even though they have drums in the back, the prop valve may not need to be changed. You need to look at the number on the side ones that have the same two numbers, 40/40, 30/30 are fine, if it says something like 40/30, 30/20, you might want to change it.

Good info, but my real question was "Will i be able to run a 13" Slick with the larger GSR rotors?"

Hmmm, Will i be able to upgrade the back to discs and still keep my stock fronts without any ill effects??

Yes, they should be fine. If I remember correctly, the EX has the larger drum, with a smallish front, so the balance is the same as with a small rear disc such as the Del Sol vtec, or GSR. Now if you go slap the Prelude, ITR or some other larger rear disc on there, you could throw it out wack.

Back