Brake upgrade suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

legutki

I dropped a b18c in my HF and the next step would be to upgrade the brakes. what cars would interchange with my crx.

i believe that 90-93 integra suspension will fit on a crx. Maybe also 92-95 civic suspension. You will need to get the civic EX that has ABS for the 4 wheel disc i think though.

Originally posted by 5genracer@Jun 25 2003, 04:01 PM
i believe that 90-93 integra suspension will fit on a crx. Maybe also 92-95 civic suspension. You will need to get the civic EX that has ABS for the 4 wheel disc i think though.

Nope. The rears fit fine, but you'll need the e-brake cables from a 90-91 CRX Si. You might as well just get the 90-91 CRX Si rear brakes.

90-93 Integra front knuckles will throw off the geometry of the front end, so you don't want them unless you like screwy caster.

Front:
90-91 Civic EX knuckles
90-93 Integra calipers or 90-91 Civic EX calipers
90-93 Integra discs or 90-91 Civic EX discs
brake lines from donor calipers

Rear:
90-91 CRX Si trailing arms with hub/disc/calipers (or 90-93 Integra)
brake lines from donor calipers
e-brake cables from 90-91 CRX Si

If you want more aggressive braking, go hit up Fastbrakes.

do you know exactly what the teg knuckles do to the caster? how many degrees in what direction does it change?
thanks,
canyon

The Integra knuckles supposedly make your caster go negative... meaning it leans forward rather than back. That's not good. I'm not going to find out though, since I'm upgrading my CRX with all 1990 CRX Si parts.

Jamie- you don't need the Integra master cylinder, but it does help. You can't use the Integra unit unless you swap the booster though, since the bolt pattern is different between master cylinder and booster module. You have to use the master cylinder from a 90-91 Civic EX. It will bolt up to the stock booster housing.

tell me if im wrong .. but dont they make a 4 wheel kit for the CRX?? maybe brimbo

tell me if im wrong .. but dont they make a 4 wheel kit for the CRX?? maybe brimbo

Brembo.

Probably. The CRX has been out for a long time and lots of people like to race it. There's tons of full brake upgrade kits out there for it. Fastbrakes is one of the companies that makes good value brake upgrades for the CRX.

thanks guys

;)

Back