Brakes for civic suggestions. Tire rack link enclosed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
I have a 1992 vx hatch and the brakes are wearing thin. I have ls webs on the car right now and i will have a b series swap in the future. there will be no autox or crazy driving. I'm just looking for better stopping power on a budget. I have done my reading and i think i'm just going to get the brembo blanks. I'm not sure which pads to get though.

Tire rack brakes link

I'm not sure what pads to get or if all the rotors and pads are the same. I'm not sure if the vx has smaller rotors or calipers but i am basically looking for any suggestions for a daily driver.

order specifically for the car your brakes are from
if they are the stock 92 VX brakes then get the brakes for that

i would go with the brembos and the hawk HPS pads

Quoted post[/post]]
order specifically for the car your brakes are from
if they are the stock 92 VX brakes then get the brakes for that

i would go with the brembos and the hawk HPS pads

second the hawk hps pads with s.s. lines and some motul RBF 600 dot 4 fluid

Brembo blanks & Hawk HPS Pads are a good idea. EBC Greenstuff pads and Brembo blanks are another good choice. EBC Greenstuff pads and EBC slotted & Pitted rotors are yet another good choice. Tons of stuff out there.

Are far as fluid, the Valvoline high temp fluid does the job and is half the price of the smurf jizz or the MOTUL.

I personally have the Greenstuff pads, and they're great for the street. I've also gone lapping with them and they hold up well. But the HPS are basically the same....either or..doesn't matter...whatever's cheaper.

I've got the Brembo Sport Slotted Rotors with Axxis pads on my 95 dx. Couldn't be happier with the setup, drive mine to and from work and school every day. Were a little touchy when first on, would easily overcome my stock tires but after a little wear, work perfect.

Got the Brembos from TireRack.com, got the Axxis pads for like $25 at Nopi Online

Back