Break IN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

ok so ill be rebuilding a siR wit high comp. like 12.2:1 or sunthin and i need to do the Hondata setup. but to get that tuned i have to bring it to a cirtified tuner for Hondata. this will happen next year when i rebuild my whole engine, but to tune it they need to rev it high. and obvously it is not good at all to rev a high engine that hasnt been broken in let alone been drivin a mile. i wont be able to drive it cuz it isnt tuned with the high comp. so it wil barly be able to drive so i wont be able to break it in. does any one have any suggestions?

wow so im in college and i read that link and i did not believe it at all and my friends didnt eather. cuz iv heard so much about the slow break in, like dont rev it ova 3000 for the first so many miles and so on. so i was wondering if this guy is ful of BS or wut. so i printted out the link and brought it to my Auto professor. he was a racer back in the day building his own engines, and dragracing them. and he said this is the TRUE WAY TO BREAK IN A MOTOR. he said this is the real way to get your motor broken in. i was in shock. it was weird. but now i tell al my boys and they have a hard time believeing me that when u first build ur motor, you want to first let it get to the working temp. then "beat the shit outa it" -said my professor. it seals the rings to the wall correctly and it streches the rod, so the lip that the rings make are higher on the cylinder wall. its a very ture sight so guys check it out. thanks for the link bro. :eek:

Yup, beating on it is a great way to break the engine in...as for the clutch get ready to buy another new one, or have one thats already broken in.

Back