Breaking in the Engine question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboRex90

Golden EG
Ok, so a buddy of mine has a 600hp Turbo Civic hatch with a B18 thats hes been driving for months. I was talkin to him about my D16Z6 turbo build and he asked me how i plan to break it in and i told him i'd probably crank the boost down low and ride her easy for a few hundred miles. Then him and his buddy both chimed in saying theres a faster way to breaking the motor in in about 20 minutes. They said to turn the car on, get it up to temp then drain the oil, filter everything with non synthetic cheap walmart oil and repeat the process like 6 times and it would be sufficient enough to run your motor how you want to, then switch to synthetic. Like i said he has a 600hp Turbo hatch and thats what he did and 2 hours later he was dogging it out and months later he has had no problems. So is that possible?

thanks guys, i was hoping there was an easier way to break it in without babying it for hundreds and hundreds of miles. That guide is useful.

++Rep to you Blanco

Back