Broken Cam Holder?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

P7ank5te7

So I got my head a few weeks back and during shipping, UPS must of slung the box around and it snapped off the ear for the distributor on the final holder. It's rather sad, as the head was secured and wrapped up good by the person I bought it from. My question is, will it be safe to run it with 2 out of the 3 adjustment screws or does anyone know where you can just get those parts? Most the junkyards around here don't have any D16Z6's in the cars and want you to buy the full head, because most the time, someone is getting hit from the rear or something with them here, so the motor it self is good. I would like to replace it, if someone knows where I could buy just the rocker arm assembly/cam holder. But if it is safe, I would just smooth out the spot where it broke and run 2. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks -Gary

Why not claim it on insurance? UPS carries insurance on the stuff it ships...

If not, get it from Honda.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when it got here, and it's been a few weeks. The problem with Honda, is I couldn't find it in Majestic Honda's online store, so I highly doubt that I could get it directly. But I do appreciate the input. Anything else, anyone could suggest? -Gary

i onl run 2 on all my motos,but i also have a spare z6 head lemme know

if your head has the P08 head code, i too have a spare sitting around. Give a pm if you decide to change it out. i broke the piece that your talking about on a 1.5 a while back. (using the top bolt as a pull point, that was dumb) i ran 2 out of 3. but the 3rd would be better to have.

So overall, you're saying it's safe for me to run 2 and just smooth over the broken area so it doesn't look all that bad? Also what are you 2 looking to get for the heads? Thanks -Gary

I only have one head thats any good. the others are all in need of a rebuild. but what im saying is. i can unbolt the ear that you need and sell it to you
so you dont have to buy another whole head.

Back