B's Pee-on Now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Since there's been some talks about Neon's lately and a couple people actually have them on here, I thought I'd share some pics of the progress on the race beater.

Here's what it looked like when I picked it up:
peeon.jpg

peeon1.jpg

AND NOW:
peeon2.jpg

peeon3.jpg

peeon4.jpg

I started by changing the seats and painting the cage. When I got the car it had no motor work at all, just a modified exhaust but nothing too too crazy.

Current Mods:
Eibach Sportlines
KYB AGX Struts
Front&Rear Sways
Energy Suspension Hyperflex bushing kit
Autopower Roll Cage
Frontr Upper Strut brace
Custom 3" CAI
AT TB 5.5mm over stock
P&P'd Intake Manifold
Pacesetter Header
Mopar Performance ECU
Mopar Performance Motor Mounts
Prothane Mount Inserts
2.5" HF Cat
2.5" Straight Exhaust
Sparco Seats and wheel
Simpson 5 point Harnesses

Next to install, already have them:
NX Wet NOS kit
Phantom NOS Pres & A/F gauges
Frog eyes gauge cluster with 2 pods

It's pretty quick, obviously not nearly as fast as the Accord but still pretty quick. I plan on getting a set of 3/4Race cams, should put the car in the 150whp range without NX. With the NX kit, prolly 200ish whp. Which would be plenty to keep me happy with a DD beater car :)

I havent washed it since I picked it up :lmao: True beater style.

please no kits, my old roommate had a xenon kit on his 4door RT, looked like shit... Plus he couldnt lower it because well... it'd be sraping on flat ground.

dohc?

I'm hoping for 14's, low 14's would be nice, on the bottle. high 14's no squeeze. Its VERY light, small tires, good TQ and traction. If I hit a high 13 with the thing I would be EXTREMELY happy with the car.

I dont SCCA race, I have a couple times, but I mostly drag race. I like the cage though for ripping around the mountains by my house, the car is VERY stable and hard to break loose in a corner. I was surprised how well it could handle with the stock 14's on it :)

That motor can't take Nitrous. Believe me.

I have a spare set of headlights, along with engine, trans, brakes, control arms etc......

It can take the squeeze, csat iron block :)

why did you buy that car if you dont scca race. it just doesnt seem right. all it needs is a lil love in the right places (and those of you that know me, know how hard it is for me to say that about a neon).

Fun to drive and pretty cheap. I showed it some love and have been daily driving it without any issues (lately) :lol:

Keep that log book up to date. IT'll make a world of difference in resale.

Also, don't care if the block is depleted uranium - aluminum pistons. Don't spray it.

Just built a motor specifically for nitrous. I lacked the talent to get the tolerances right. The engine was just shy of $10k in parts.

You'd be surprised. The DOHC head itself is like a swiss watch.

Back