Bseries tranny gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ACE4DOOR

Does anyone know the price of bseries tranny gears. Like if I went to the dealer and asked them for a sencond gear for a GSR hydro tranny.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 24 2005, 11:50 PM
you sure you need a gear and not a synchro? its usually the synchros that go...
[post=478366]Quoted post[/post]​

um yea i would also like to say synchro

I heard that when your tranny pops out of a certain gear it's the teeth on the gear.

Originally posted by GSRTURBO@Mar 25 2005, 12:18 AM
O yea, you probably have to buy the synchro, spring, and gear sleeve set.
[post=478397]Quoted post[/post]​

How much do those cost from say GearSpeed or the dealer.

Originally posted by GSRTURBO@Mar 25 2005, 12:55 AM
they're not cheap. Check hondaautomotiveparts.com or http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/home.jsp

My guess is 150+ but the set covers two gears. (if im remembering this correctly.)
[post=478406]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay can most o the tranny problems that occur be diagnosed under visual observation, because I have a tuner around my way that I'm cool with and he opens/builds trannies. I want him to know it is good after he finishes.

if you crack open the case, visually you should be able to see alot of the problems.

If i synchro spring is broken, it might have broken off or it might not hold that particular gear in.
You should be able to see a good amount of the teeth on the synchros and such.

If your going to pay someone else to crack it open, you may just want to have them pull it apart and go through the main and countershaft. That way, you can check all the bearings and such. If your just oing a tear down and rebuild, probably shouldnt take anyone thats done it more than 3 or 4 hours (if everything checks out)

Back