BT's New Album - "This Binary Universe"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BT is one of the better known electronic artists in the biz...really, bt, tiesto, paul van dyke, darude and ian van dahl are the only other artists id expect people to know.

Heard some of the new stuff, and I'm with Cash on this one - it's not as "BT'ish" as his older stuff was.

Hopefully he's not pulling a Saint Anger. :huh:

lol, the metallica reference is the first thing that came to my mind too

although, BTs new album compared to his old stuff is no where near as bad as metallica's saint anger album compared to their old stuff.

at least bt has a habbit of testing new waters ALOT

Last edited:
Celerity, check out Oysterhead if you dont have it. Copeland, Anastasio (phish), and Claypool(primus).

Well, I have listened to the album 3 times today. I have some new insight.

Its different, but its definately BT. The Circuit bends are pretty cool to listen to. It may not consist of blood pumping beats along the lines of "Sunblind", "Flaming June", or "The Great Escape", but it still awakens emotion like the rest of BT's music always has . . . just in a different way.

I stand by this album - its good, just, a different kind of good.

Its like when Bob Dylan first played Rock & Roll. He alienated the 'pop' crew but started a revolution we still thrive on today.

BT may have just done the same thing. Circuit bends will become commonplace in the Electronic Music scene. This album gives light to the power of this method of sound manipulation . . when done right.

:thumbsup:

BT has done sountracks for a ton of movies you've probably seen.... like, the Fast and Furious sdtk to name one..... Go, Monster, the Jackal, Gone in 60 Seconds, Driven, Tomb Raider, American Pie, Zoolander.... i'm sure more that i can't think of off the top of my head.

Musically, its a good album. lots of good work and musicianship.

From a personal point of view, it just doesn't do it for me. Next.

I knew he did the soundtrack for Zoolander as soon as i Saw it . . . lol, playing 'mad skillz' when the walkoff happens :lol:

Back