build head or not

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

ok i was thinking what kind of hp will i get if i do so work to my head a b16a i was thinking something like 5 angle with stainless steel values with some springs and retainers or what do you think will be thew best bang per buck

If that list is all you are planning on doing to your head you will see minimal power gains. Now add a set of cams (pick a grind that matches what you want to do with the engine) and you would be talking reasonable power gains.

this head will go on 92 hb with the b16a. I was wonder how much you guys think this will $ and how much hp do you think i will get

Originally posted by dok@Nov 2 2003, 01:19 PM
this head will go on 92 hb with the b16a. I was wonder how much you guys think this will $ and how much hp do you think i will get

with just springs, retainers, valves and a valve job? maybe like nothing. add cams to that mix and then you will see gains.

get cams instead of P&P if you haven't already done it, if you have then I would stick with Portflow/Alaniz.

Back