build my b16, ls/vtec or b20vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zachattack54

I am between a rock and a hard place right now. I HAve narrowed down my engine ideas either swap in ctr pistons and cams(with appropriete VAlvetrain off course) in to my b16 or swap the short block for a ls or b20 block and make a frakenstein motor. The car will be a daily driver and reliability is a huge factor in my choice. I have about $2000-3000 to spend max($2000 hopefully) and I want to make around 160-190 whp. THanks

you can do that easy with a nice turbo kit n it will run for long time...frank motors are only as reliable as the builder i kno cuz i have one :)

If you swap the block out you're going to make a lot more low end power & torque, and you already have the best head for the job. Just make sure you do it right!

Go with the B20 block for sure I will have to have alot of good pices to make this pice work. Go with the b20 block and when its done you know the best part you`ll shit your pants taking it for a ride.

Back