Build Up 91 Crx Or B16a?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanta91crxhf

My Camaro Z28 just burned up two days ago, due to an engine fire, i had the 305 tuned port injection, man it was fast. anyhow, i plan on getting a 1991 Honda CRX Si. I want to acheive around 220hp. What would i need to add to get around 220 hp, or should i swap in a b16a? I am think a turbo, cold air intake, port and polish intake,bigger throttle body, headers, cat-back, and a cam(who makes a cam for a stock 91 crx si?).

i have seen 88-91 civic/crx si motors (d16a6) that are turboed that pull about 225, and i have seen turboed b16s that pull that much horse power. It will be rather hard to get 220hp with out a turbo, but it can be done. I would suggest a d16a6 turbo. you can get a skunk2 intake manifold or a honda d16y8 intake manifold for it, a b series throtle body. You will then need a turbo, intercooler, tubing for the turbo, and a turbo manifold. There are tons of companies that make cams for the d16a6. Also if you plan on going turbo, you will not need a Cold Air intake, and on most hondas you will not need headers, you will need a header. if you go the turbo route you will want a 3inch exaust too, so check that out too.

Back