Build Up Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, i'm just going to let you know my plans and ask questions along the way. i plan on running a b18c1 sleeved out to 84mm by golden eagle. i want them to change out all the seals,o rings,and bearings while they're at it. i was wonder what a good rod/piston combo would be? i'm looking for about 9.1 compresion. next on the head i want to use Ferrera valves, itr outer portflow inner valve spings and portflow retainers. i've only heard this from one person but they told me that they've heard that this breaks the cam, that the itr spring is too stiff, that the motion assembly is not the same in the itr as the gsr. what do you guys think? i've never heard that till today. next should i get hondata the second i get everything in? i know i can't tune it till i break it in. and how long is break in? 1500 miles of easy driving? by the way this is on a drag kit that has a inline pro manifold and tial wg. thanks for the help guys.

alan

damn dude- talk about over kill of a motor for a drag kit.

anywhoo-- i say get the hondata on the car and tuned as soon as you can. 3 or so dyno pulls won't kill your break in.

Originally posted by kickuaround@Apr 21 2003, 10:42 AM
ok, i'm just going to let you know my plans and ask questions along the way. i plan on running a b18c1 sleeved out to 84mm by golden eagle. i want them to change out all the seals,o rings,and bearings while they're at it. i was wonder what a good rod/piston combo would be? i'm looking for about 9.1 compresion. next on the head i want to use Ferrera valves, itr outer portflow inner valve spings and portflow retainers. i've only heard this from one person but they told me that they've heard that this breaks the cam, that the itr spring is too stiff, that the motion assembly is not the same in the itr as the gsr. what do you guys think? i've never heard that till today. next should i get hondata the second i get everything in? i know i can't tune it till i break it in. and how long is break in? 1500 miles of easy driving? by the way this is on a drag kit that has a inline pro manifold and tial wg. thanks for the help guys.

alan

You didnt even need the block sleeved unless your going for 400+.
Je pistons 9.1:8 and eagle rods is what Im going to run when I get threw with my swap.

I never heard i've only heard this from one person but they told me that they've heard that this breaks the cam, that the itr spring is too stiff, that the motion assembly is not the same in the itr as the gsr.

Id get gsr then if thats right but I have no clue.Im going b16a w/gsr head w/head and block build up.

What turbo are u going to be running?

with that setup you could rock a full blown t60 setup. Forget the drag kit.

Back