building a b18b help please!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

ok guys i gat this b18b long block i want to build i am on a buget so far i gat b16 pistonS and crane stage 2 cams what should i do with the head and what kind of gaskets should i use just want some thing that can be fun to drive and reliable i don't expect 300 hp i will be happy if i could take a stock itr please help please

ok i don't want to spend more the a grand more on this that includes machine work do you think a value train is a good thing theres a shop out here selling one for 400 values and retainers but i really want the best bang for the buck or should i use the $$ and have the block honded get oversized rings and the rod ped treated i think thats what they call it and just just port the head i really need you guys oh this please help ps thanks blanco

thanks again blanco but i was told that only the pr3 pistons fit on the ls rods your right i was thinking about going with the after market pistons because if i use the pr3 pistons i will still need to get new rings but i don't have that must $$ to spend on this i already gat some crower cams i gat from a friend now i am going to get the portflow springs and retainers one of the guys here works at a machine shop part time so he can do the machine shop work for about $300 he will hone it, port the head and ped treat the rods and just about anything else i want i just found that out today so i have about $700 for parts and i already gat the cams i can get the pr3 pistons for about $50 with rings so what would you do in my place man i am glad you told me about the ecu a shop out here was going to rap me they wanted 700 if i took the a p28 they were going to put it on a dino and then chip it i thought it was alot but was not sure thanks again blanco

$110 for a RyWire OBDI conversion harness, $80 for a 4 wire O2 sensor
why would you need these things? I got a chipped ecu and dyno tune without needing to buy these extra.
Unless this b18b1 is going into a obd0 or obd2 car. And wouldn't the addition of the 4 wire o2 be just for dyno tuning? most dynos have a wideband that they use you wouldn't need to buy it, I think.

but i have to admit blanco does have more experience than me.
but i also turboed my car on a budget of $500 not including tuning costs

oh yeh as with all "all motor" build posts i'm going to be the turbo guy to say
"NA is the expensive way to go slow"
a peiced together turbo and you could put down 200whp very easily. since tuning has come such a long way over the past few years and junkyards have an unlimited supply of suiting turbo.

Unless you need to rebuild the engine
i am just thinking money to hp gain ratio

Last edited:
blanco you were right its gonin on a ef and i am waitting on this i am going to save more$$$$ thanks alot man

I'm pretty sure that most OBDI engines run a 4-wire O2 to get better readings to the ECU. A 4-wire and a wide band are different.

i wasn't sure so i gave you the benefit of the doubt, could his engine be tuned with Turboedit, n/a or f/i, since it is OBD-0?

oh yeh as with all "all motor" build posts i'm going to be the turbo guy to say
"NA is the expensive way to go slow"
a peiced together turbo and you could put down 200whp very easily. since tuning has come such a long way over the past few years and junkyards have an unlimited supply of suiting turbo.

yea and my 200 hp na car will spank your 200hp turbo car any day instant torque and hp for the win

a peaky turbo would be no good on a road track, i agree. for tooling around town though it's just a straight up good time. blasting the bov is fun

Back