building gsr for a turbo to drop in 95 civic hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey, i was wondering what would be the best parts for the internals of my build for my b18c1, so it can handle about 15psi randomly, but run daily at like 6psi, so it will be reliable and a durable engine? thank you.

Strong valvetrain FOR SURE, and if you want Pistons/Rods. Depends 15psi on which turbo? I think you can run 6psi on stock block. lol

arp rod bolts, arp head studs, wiseco or some other decent piston brand, and either eagle or pauter rods. hell you could almost get away with it being stock, but i wouldn't recommend it lol. 15 psi is different depending on the turbo. something like a 57 trim t3/t4 or a garret gt28r would work nicely. stock valvetrain will be fine, so long as you don't intend on revving it higher than the stock redline. If you are getting upgraded cams and intend on bumping up the rev limit, then you obviously will want to get some better components in the head, i.e. titanium valve springs/retainers.

Last edited:
15 PSI?

Have you ever heard anyone say my car has 15psi?

No, you hear them say my car has 250hp. Do some research first.

well i pretty much have unlimited funds, i was planning on just rebuilding entire engine from bottom up, with 100% best quality everything, but i only want like a 6-8psi daily drive with ability to push like 15+psi whenever i want to without highly damaging engine.

Back