building LSVtec....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integra

hey guys im building an LS Vtec for my 91 Integra LS.... heres what I am going to be getting for it, let me know if I forgot anything thanks....
Vtec conversion kit from golden eagle
B16 head
Skunk2 intake manifold
B16 water pump and timing belt
B16 Arp rod bolts
B16 arp head studs
Gasket kit
ACL bearings
Shotpeen rods
Hasting Piston rings
P72 oil pump
Spark plugs
Adjustable cam gears
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
400cc fuel injectors

if i forgot anything please let me know, but i think i got it all?

400cc injectors???? I hope you are building the bottom end to have alot of compression are you are going to be going turbo or something cuz those are way overkill. Are you using aftermarket cams or stock???? You left alot up in the air
little more info PLEASE.

hey sorry, yeah after im done building the motor i am going to be boosting it yes, and as far as the cams, i was planning on buying aftermarket cams, but after doin some research, to me it seems that the OEM cams are fine to use, so I am not sure.

Yeah looks good mang with all that you will for sure need a tuning program. Look into Hondata, Crome or is it Chrome. I used the Type-R oil pump and water pump on my ls/vtec but I am sure the B16 should fine most people I know use the Type-R components though. And Yes the stock cams will be fine it doesn't seem like you are shooting for more than 400hp so that should be ok so spend the money elsewhere. Good Luck on the build and let us know how it goes. Oh and we want PICTURES when it's done. lol

I don't think that you can use the B16 timing belt because the B16 is physically shorter than your B18. Get a GSR timing belt and water pump (they aren't any differnt than Type R and they will cost the same from a Honda Dealer). As for an oil pump, any B18 or B20 OBD2 oil pump will work (they are all the same).

integraslut.... first off... nice handle lol... anyways, thanks for the advise, and no worries, theres going to be PLENTY of pics during the process and the final frankenstein lol.. this is going to be the first honda motor im building/rebuilding, but i have a few friends who have always been into hondas and they turned me away from nissans and towards hondas lol, so it should be a good/ fun build. and also yeah my goal is 350hp, and ive heard that thats acheivable so... and lsvtec, thanks for lettin me know about the timing belt and shit because i was LITERALLYA just about to order it and decided to come onto hondaswap.com first lol so you deff. saved me lol.. thanks a lot guys i appreciate it, and i am going to be making another forum shorty when i have the main components and am able to start buidling it... my one major problem is getting my hands on the b16 head. anyone have one or know where to get a hold of one? ive called several shops with no luck, and im skeptical to order it off line just because i want to look at it first, you know? unless you guys know a site that is deffinitly reliable to order one from, im just holding out to buy it until i can physically see it before buying it.. thanks guys

Talk to Taco15 he is very honest and has a B16 head for sale right now.

Back