bulky iPhone bills..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shouldn't blame apple for at&t's product management screw-ups. I've been a customer of theirs for 10+ years and msut say their customer service is mediocre at best, but I tolerate them becasuse they have the best covergae in my area.

Shouldn't blame apple for at&t's product management screw-ups. I've been a customer of theirs for 10+ years and msut say their customer service is mediocre at best, but I tolerate them becasuse they have the best covergae in my area.

You do realize that the AT&T of today is not the AT&T of 10years ago?

After AT&T was split up from anti-trust legislation for having a monopoly, the "Baby Bells" were created and the true parent company of AT&T was left as a skeleton. AT&T is now bare bones that has sold off almost all of its assets.

AT&T sold off one of its subsidiaries AT&T Wireless to one of the Baby Bells. (I'm not sure if it went directly to Bell South or through the hands of some other companies first.)

Cingular merged with AT&T Wireless. AT&T Wireless kept its name for a short while, then rolled over to Cingular. Cingular just switched names back to AT&T.

In all that confusion a company called Bell South, who had so many complaints that its reputation in the Midwest and throughout the country was destroyed, took over and is the skeleton for the company currently known as AT&T wireless.

Cliff notes; The company that has been giving you bad service for 10 years is really 3-5 companies that have been operating under the AT&T name due to its marketing capabilities and general recognition by the public.

If your service is terrible now, its because of an entirely different company.

My biggest complaint with my AT&T service is that they dropped my 200 extra minutes after my contract ran out and they didn't offer me the same plan when I resigned for another 2years, I had to go under one of the current rate plans. A greater problem than this is that I have poor service in my area which is dwarfed by much greater service through Verizon.

If I didn't have 2000 rollover minutes, didn't get my Blackberry Pearl for $100, and didn't have to pay for a phone/activation fee over at Verizon, I wouldn't be with AT&T/Cingular still.

"You do realize that the AT&T of today is not the AT&T of 10years ago?" < that might be the case but their customer service ethic still hasn't improved much. :)

i just sold my iphone today. Solid phone.... but edge blows. The next day after this aired on TV. I got a text from cingular "We are now having a summary bill, we will no longer have itemized charges. If you would like to see your cal logs, sign on to att.com/wireless."

gee theres a novel fucking idea :bash:

Back