bullshit tech chat with gateway today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
oi. freaking 5 year old desktop. one of my users wants it replaced because he fucked it up upgrading the cpu. busted a resistor off.

Simon_GWPS053 joined the incident.

Simon_GWPS053 says:
Thank you for contacting Upgrade Sales. My name and badge number are Simon_GWPS053. What upgrades were you thinking about today?

Christopher Fuhrmann says:
Hello Simon! I was wondering if it were possible to order a replacement mainboard for my desktop.

Simon_GWPS053 says:
Hello Christopher.

It is an older system...

Simon_GWPS053 says:
Let me check that for you. Christopher, according to the form that you have submitted, the serial number of your Gateway system is 0024627522. Is this correct?

Correct!

Simon_GWPS053 says:
Thank you for the confirmation. This allows me to access the correct account and system information.

Simon_GWPS053 says:
Christopher, the part is not available in our accessories page however I can offer you to send the system in for service. Our laboratory technician will replace it and have it fix...

Simon_GWPS053 says:
Christopher it would be better to send this with us since there is no Gateway physical stores around... This would be better diagnosed and repaired in our repair facility since this would need special tools which our facility has... In case this would need replacement parts this would also be provided for you by our repair facility to get back your laptop working...

Simon_GWPS053 says:
I mean your desktop pc.

I know the mainboard is damaged.

Is there no way possible to order a replacement?

Simon_GWPS053 says:
This is the only option I can offer Christopher.

Unfortunately it is not cost-effective to send the system in for repair. I do thank you for your time, Simon! :)

i thought it was funny because he wanted me to send in a laptop, when the serial number pointed to a desktop pc

yeah, but pulling the HDD and tossing the case in the dumpster(which i just did) isn't.

the owner of the desktop is the one who told me what to do... :)

And then went out to lunch with the CIO talking about the inept support.

Seen that before. If the client wants out, they will only blame you for leaving them no choice.

doubtful. it was one of his personal machines that he brought in house. he's just a graphic designer. i was doing him a favor ;)

instead, he had me pick out an acer veriton on CDW.

just because your in-house support team sucks doesnt mean i suck :D

You should quit that shit and start working in selling and installing ESI's. If we ever have a damaged, or O.B.F. system we just call ESI and they overnight a replacement card/cabinet/phone.

ESI Tech support > everything, period.

Back