Bumper to Bumper Tune Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

Alright, just came into a decent amount of money thanks to Uncle Sam, and I am going through my teg head to toe replacing things that have/might/will wear out (I'm at 137,000 and have done no scheduled maintenance... oops). Here is my preliminary list of what I'm doing, if anyone knows anything I've missed as far as tune up kind of stuff, let me know.
-All belts
-Coolant hoses
-Water pump
-Brake rotors F+R (they need it, did the pads in Jan)
-All gaskets (w/ Hondata IM gasket inc.)
-Axles/CV joints (courtesy of Raxles)
-O2 sensor
-Clutch
-Oil change
-Tranny fluid change
-Flush/fill coolant system
-Flush/fill brake system
-Flush/fill clutch fluid
-Valve lash set
-Spark Plugs
-Plug wires
-Shocks
-Eibach springs
-New exhaust

Thats all I got for now, my goal is to not have to worry about shit on this car for another year or two at least.

Add rear tail light gasket (it suxs when your truck fills with water)
Head light bubls (PIAA or Silverstar)

What is the goal of the car?

Lol to the rear tail lights... I had another thread up on here asking how my shit started leaking, already full of water, sealing them tomorrow. Good call on the headlights though, forgot about them, on the list now.

This is my daily driver, but over the course of the year, I will be building it slightly just to make it more fun. Basically I want to fix everything that might break while I have money, so next time I am a broke ass college student again I wont have to worry about anything. Already dealt with that (lost a radiator, had $4 to my name, and no other car... it was interesting to say the least). Reliability is what I'm after, thats goal #1

i think you have done lost your mind

how about instead of buying all this shit you put the money away for when something does go wrong, like lets say you need a starter? or alternator?

why rip off the intake manifold to change the gasket??
why RAXLE axles? you pushing 400 whp??
leave the o2 till it goes bad...

motor tune up including wires, plugs, cap and rotor...
oil change, timing belt and water pump are a definate...
changing all fluids is relatively cheap and worth the time...
if your rotors are grooved you may want to get new pads to go with the new rotors...

no matter what you do, things still go bad...
distributor for example will cost you an arm and a leg...
i would def keep some cash on hand...
windshield also costs over $200...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 22 2005, 01:27 PM

windshield also costs over $200...
[post=477166]Quoted post[/post]​

HE ISN'T JOKING, i had to replace mine just two weeks ago and the total was $375, thats an arm, a leg, and a butt cheek. luckly my insurance coovered it, but still, it happens,

save your money till you need it, if everyhting works just fine, why replace it ?

windshield - pitted and cracked from chasing my boy in his civic across this shitty road full of sand, again and again, cant see shit when the sun hits it, $261.17 installed at Glass Doctor
axles - right hand side pops when backing in turns, was going with raxles because they weren't horribly more expensive than other ones I found ($159 a side)

and as for everything else, its not a huge amount of cash to do. All the major stuff I am fixing cuz it needs it, everything else I am doing to get it on regular intervals (belts, fluids, etc. etc.)

Y'all calm down, I'm not a moron when it comes to cars, I was just making sure I didn't leave anything small out as far as regularly scheduled maintenance items... shit

EDIT: I have put cash away in case the car does break something, for those who seem to be so concerned for my personal well being, lol. Also I was swapping out the IM gasket because I liked the idea of a cooler intake charge from the Hondata piece.

Word, good call on the fuel filter, knew I was missing things, thats why I asked. the air filter is a K&N with only about 10K on it, so good on that.

Back