Buy.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Ive been waiting for the Motorola MPX220 for a while and it came out this past Thanksgiving. The first batch was shitty because of ROM problems, but it has been updated/recalled by Motorola. It was pretty expensive, $200+ with an activation. Anyway, I went to Buy.com and saw the phone for -20.00, meaning I'll make 20 bucks after rebates. However, Im skeptical about rebates from online retailers, especialyl when they have a 5.0 out of 10 rating at resellers.com. I really want to get it, but the cheapest i've found the phone was around 100 at amazon.com. Tried them and had no problems with rebates or anything.
Anyhoo, has anyone had problems or heard of problems from buy.com, especially honoring rebates?? Ive heard of Tigerdirect and its problems about rebates. I dont want to fork over 300+ for a friggin phone if i dont get the rebates.

I have literally bought over $20k of stuff from Buy.com, but nothing in the past few years. I've never had a problem with them, even with rebates. They were one of the old original huge electronics stores online, and they were always pretty reliable. I don't know about now though.

Tiger Direct has always had a reputation for being really shady.

I've ordered a few things from Tiger Direct. Not anymore though. If I can't find it on NewEgg, I don't need it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Mar 6 2005, 12:20 AM
I've ordered a few things from Tiger Direct. Not anymore though. If I can't find it on NewEgg, I don't need it.
[post=469769]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

NewEgg or nothing. Best online company I have ever dealt with.

i'm with mike here- i've bought a lot of stuff from buy.com, but nothing in the past 2 or 3 years..

ive bought from buy.com a few times withinin the past 2 years
never had any problems

I'll take a gamble. Hopefully it'll work out. Ive tried butterflyphoto.com for a Nikon camera that was $200 less than at the local store with rebate. Camera is excellent except 1 dead pixel. RMA and got a new one with another dead pixel. Figured thats the nature of LCDs, so all in all great retailer. Ive tried amazon.com, most of the time they're okay but i always go back. Mostly because of the good price, but horrible shipping.
Anyway, i agree with you guys newegg is one of the best. you guys should try zipzoomfly.com also. sometimes they have stuff that is cheaper than newegg with free 2nd shipping. never had a problem with them either.

Back