buying a b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic15.8

ok i'm looking to buy a b16a2 for my 93 civic i know almost everything that i need to know to do this but i don't know where to buy one that is not too much but not some place that is so cheap that the motor is going to fall apart i found some places but the one place that had the best price is at http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/honda/index.html has anyone dealt with them or has heard of anyone dealing with them and also if you have a better place for me to go to will help to thanks

link
there are listed in sellers to avoid becuase they sell shit

h22 full of sludge broken parts and shit like that they give canadians a bad name

Originally posted by JDMPowersales@Jul 6 2003, 02:50 AM
Give JDMPower.net a H0ll@

:werd:

and you're buyin' the wrong engine y0. the b16a2 is obd2. you want the b16a3 (the obd1 one) or a b16 SiR II (the obd1 one).

i wouldnt buy from osaka but my friend did and i guess he got lucky because his gsr long block he got runs like a champ. i heard they had new owners but who knows if thats bs.

I got my motor from jspecautosports.com they sell good priced JDM motors. They send axels, but they usally aren't the right ones. Otherwise you need to get a shift linkage. They send ecu and all. ER-mail them from there web site and ask them whats all included in the engine package. The motors are low miles, clean as can be, and they haul ass. I got the JDM SIR II in a 93 ex. It pulls mid to high 14 as a street car.

Darin

Originally posted by NCHATCH@Jul 3 2003, 09:12 PM
Hmotorsonline.com very good

yes.

btw, they dont seem to know what theyre talking about. when you say b16a2 and i look at thier site and see b16a2, it seems theyre attempting to refer to the jdm b16a. minus the 2. a number following the a would infer that its a us motor.

that alone would have me questioning thier reliablity.

hey, I just bought a motor from japan direct (www.usedengine.com)
I haven't gotten it installed yet, my mechanic is too busy, but it looks great and it came with all of the front suspension components off of an SIR2.

I'll let you know when it is in about how it is working

Originally posted by JDMPowersales@Jul 10 2003, 12:59 PM
Lol everyone ignores the sponsor JDMPower.net =x

just so you know I tried you first but you had no front clips........nobody had front clips and then I found a guy w/a 00si who wanted to sell his 25000mi swap so I jumped.........the point is your sponsorship works

what front clip are you looking for. All of my clips are SIR-G*GSR* or Prelude....I wish I got EG and EK clips.

this was over 4 months ago and I was looking for any GSR or ITR clips,or h22a clips.bought an 00si swap the guy let me pull myself,25000 mi,clean...couldnt resist.
but I will be needing a h22a in the future and will check you 1st again.......Hondaswap above all others is the way I do it.

Back