Buying a new Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
So i boiled is down to this..trading in my current 2002 C240, i own it,

My two choices are : 1)

2004 Mercedes ML500 AWD, 61k MINT..i drove it all day today as the dealer let me take it home last night 288hp 325tq, truck rips shit....Loaded with the NAV and SAT radio, not one mark in the interior. with my trade its $270/m for 60 months and thast wit a 3y/36000 mile warranty bumper to bumper and hi tech electrical...o yeah its GOLD

OR

2003 Audi A6 2.7 twin turbo AWD 43k miles 6 speed Black.. really good condition not as mint as the Benz SUV but also no real noticable defects...no NAV but i have a tom tom 510gps anyway and siri Stilletto...Extremely fun car when i drove it..this i 250hp 258tq...really nice car $263/m with 100,000 mile 5 year warrany on everything like the radio etc bumper to bumper

What would you guys want as a full time all year round car, my head is spinning!

Buy the Audi. Either that or trade the Mercedes as soon as the warranty runs out. Merc's are known to be horrible with electrical and drivetrain problems lately.

Buy the Audi. Either that or trade the Mercedes as soon as the warranty runs out. Merc's are known to be horrible with electrical and drivetrain problems lately.

Depends on the engine.

They had one engine in recent years giving them problems, thats supposed to be fixed.

I would go with the Audi, although I'm more comfortable with the MB from a reliability stand point based upon the experiences people around me have had with audi and mb.

I just couldn't do a SUV/truck at this point in my life. I still drive enthusiastically enough that I don't want to be worried about the higher center of gravity and the other characteristics that are inherit of trucks/suvs.

Nice, luxurious, decently fast sedan would suit my needs the best - but hey, I'm not sure that my needs are the same as yours. So what do you prefer?

Also if I could, I would be hunting for a s4 rather than the a6.

2555356176.226406117.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
2555356178.226406117.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
2555356170.226406117.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Is it safe to chip these things i been reading about the ship tuning, for 250 bucks they claim they can get from 250hp to 286hp and from 258tq to 324tq, anyone familier with this? Is it safe? Is it real? Any shops in CT do it>?

yes its safe. the reason that its so cheap and safe is because thats the way the engine is meant to run. the A6 is a ULEV class vehicle, and if they ran the car like that all the time it loses its ULEV rating. Itll just get your car flagged for smog if you live in california. Everywhere else its fine.

So i picked up the Audi today, definitly made teh right choice, i'm going to get it chipped up, the guy at teh dealership knwos this Garrett guy who "invented) one of thee tunes for Audi and says its totaly realiable, nice bunch of guys at northbayimports.com in East Windsor CT . Stated car would be 300+hp and 380+tq

do the t-belt on it before its too late. that 2.7t is bad when the t-belt gets due.

everything is 100% on the car its 180 point inspected..Its certified...Prolly gonne get the flash done next Saturday, i was told to expect to be tossed back in my seat..my friend has 2001 S4 got the same tune

Back