buying a street bike

What bike would you recomend?(fairly expeirenced)

• GSX-R 750

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda CBR 600 f4i

• Honda CBR 954

• Yamaha YZF R6

• Yamaha YZF

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ventolin5

If there is a reason why you chose a bike or if there is a reason why one of the bikes should not be selected please let me know. :worthy: :worthy:

good power and one of my buddies is getting one so he is into all these bikes and chose this one. So I vote the R6

What no Busa? :blink: can get you one for like 4k if you want

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Feb 5 2004, 12:38 PM
ive always liked the buells....

Yeah, those are great bikes... a half- assed attempt at a street bike with a half- assed attempt at an engine powering it. I use the term "powering" it very loosely too, BTW.

No this isnt my first bike, I had a older cbr 600 for a while. So I am kind of a beginner but have been on dirt bikes off and on my whole life.

And about the busa...thats an insane bike im not sure i need that much or that heavy of a bike. I honestly dont like the styleing of that bike.

the r6 will do you fine.

if you dont want a heavy bike, stay away from the 1000cc's
the 600 is much better for all around fun. it will be plenty fast, and it handles alot better, the gsxr is an awesome bike as well, it is all up to u and which one you feel more comfortable on.

You should go and sit on each of these and see if its comfortable for you. Any of these bike is faster then anything you've ever been on.

I would rule out the 1000cc's because, well you dont need that much power. Its not about how big or how much they weigh(because they dont weigh much more then 600's) its about the raw power they have.

Since you are still a beginner I would say get a 600cc tops bike. My vote would be with the R6 or the new Kawi 600RR. Both are great 600cc bikes, but since the Kawi is not in your list I went with the R6, my buddy has a R6 and it is a pretty comfy ride, and it hauls pretty well. :)

Not to burst your bubble....but bikes are not as safe as normal cars.

A. I was named after an uncle I never met.....he was plowed down by a car.
B. I lost a few freinds to the same fate.
C. I had another freind I watch survive, and the road rash took 3 months to clean out.
D. All that power, speed, and cool factor.......and a helmet is your only protection.
E. I have been in 11 car accident's..and if I was on a bike during one of those...I wouldn't be posting here today.

Think before you decide.

/flame suit standing by....

Since you are still
kind of a beginner
I'd say stay with the 600, you don't really need the extra power unless you are 250lbs plus. Anyway the smaller bikes are much easier to handle and funner in the corners.

I know about all the hazard of riding a bike, but I am still going to get one. If I die, atleast its doing something I enjoy. You can die doing anything, if it happens on a bike it was your time to go. I don't know if I have a weird outlook on this because I have lost soo many family members at young ages due to natural causes.

i've been on the back of a few bikes in my life, and thank god my hubby knows how to ride... we've almost been in a few accidents... mainly due to people not seeing us.

so, be careful. i vote the cbr 600 f4. :)

Originally posted by djyox@Feb 5 2004, 09:58 PM
go with the GSXR750 if you can afford it...bext bike on that list.....

why is that? the new GSX-R600s are right up there power wise and for the price you can almost have a GSX-R1000

either way stay away from the Suzukis/Yamahs IF you ride a lot and plan on taking it for longer trips

they tend to be much more harsher then most other bikes

Suzukis engines tend to vibrate like hell at higher RPMs that always bugged the hell outta me

P.S the new F4i comes with a friggin ugly ass Banana seat so if you get a NEW F4 make sure its the RR if not it just looks like a pussy bike with that ugly seat =(

Back