Buzzing noise coming from tranny..HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

Man one problem after another

I had a new clutch/flywheel installed a couple of weeks ago. Ever since, when im driving and i slowly let go of the gas, a slight buzzing sound comes from the engine bay. It gets louder, the faster i go. While im driving on the freeway in 5th gear and i start letting off the gas, it gets louder and louder and loudest once im completely off the pedal. Noise goes away when i press the clutch in. The noise isnt super loud but annoying.

I had zero problems before the install. Could it be a bad throwout bearing? Only the clutch. flywheel and throwout bearing were replaced with brand new parts. Also the gm syncromesh tranny fluid was replaced with 5w-30 oil.

Anyone have similar problems?

what about the input shaft bearing? is that inside the tranny? Cause the throwout bearing i got from exedy was brand new.

It still sounds like that's the problem, do you drive with your foot resting on the clutch pedal, or no?

hey i think i got the same problem. Mines more like a quite ticking that gets louder/quicker as i press the throttle. I also just replaced the clutch/flywheel and put in a different tranny, but forgot to replace throw out bearing :cry:

So bump for any help!

Quoted post[/post]]
anyone else?
The Release(throwout) bearing is only turning when you depress the pedal beyond the freeplay point. Bad Release bearings make noise only when you step on the pedal and stop making noise when the pedal is up.(assuming you have the correct freelay). The pilot bearing also only turns when the trans input shaft is turning in relation to the crankshaft.(ie. when the clutch is disengaged)
Noises heard when the clutch is engaged properly is NOT coming from either of these bearings.
The trans input shaft bearing is turning when ever the cluth is engaged and stops tuning when you depress the clutch pedal so this could be your problem.
Whenever I have a problem come up I try to relate it to the last thing I did . You had the trans oil changed and the removal of the syncromesh oil might very well result in the increase in transmission noise.
Bad inner CV joints can also have that kind of noise.
Good hunting

Back