bypass coolant t/b?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoyalFelix

what benefits do you get by bypassing the coolant hose that goes connected to the throttle body? is that coolant made to heat up the t/b for cold weather areas? also what about the coolant that passes threw the idle control valve do you bypass that to? or is that made to cool it down?:confused:

The cold idle control valve has coolant running through it for one reason. When it senses the coolant is cold it opens allowing more air into the engine, this is the reason for you higher idle when the engine is cold. When it sees the coolant has warmed up it closes. Without coolant going through it, it will not work properly. Bypassing the throttle body might keep it slightly cooler, but in the long run I believe it is best to leave it all hooked up the way it came from the factory. I hope this helps some. ;)

hmmm cool yah

alright yah that helped hey can the idle control valve be cleaned? because when i first start my car i have a really high idle like 2k rpms. till it warms up. once i take it out where should i spary wd/40 or the t/b carb cleaner into it?

That is caused from the Fast idle thermal valve under the tb you were talking about, take it out take off the cover and screw that big white plastic screw down just snug. Should fix the problem.

Back