C5 Or C1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

coomersteg

i wanna do vtec in my 93 teg. i have a 50 shot right now and i want to run the nitrous on the vtec motor. i had my heart set on a c5 for a while, then someone told me they have an all aluminum bottom end (the sleeves are aluminum) but i'm not real sure on this source. I know the c1 would be good, but if the c5 has sleeves made of a stronger metal that'll withstand a 50 shot..... i'll get it.

i want to run 14's without sprayin. If the gsr motor will do it....i'll get it. but i feel that the c5 will run 14's no problem.

How? Stock newer gsr's are only in the 15.5 area according to Car and driver. A type R is what? high 14's/low 15's in the states?

A hatch with a gsr and some work done ran 14.4 at 200 ft above sea level here. Dont expect "14's" from it.

stock ITR runs 14.8 and it is MUCH lighter than a gsr.

you will run 15.2 at best off the shot

did any of you actually read my post??? i wanted to know what the cylinder sleeves in a b18c5 are made of..... someone told me they're made of aluminum..... but i'm not sure on the source.

the 97,98,00,01 ITR's run 14.1's in road and track...... maybe they put nitrous on every car or something......

gsr's run 15.7's....... the 2nd gen integra is heavier than a 3rd gen integra..... not by much..... but the gsr is restricted by it's goofy intake manifold..... i have a skunk2.

i wan't to easily run 14's w/o sprayin..... then run low, low, low 14's or maybe 13.9's sprayin.....

Originally posted by coomersteg@Apr 16 2003, 02:25 PM

the 97,98,00,01 ITR's run 14.1's in road and track...... maybe they put nitrous on every car or something......

what were you smoking when you read that??? :bs:

Originally posted by coomersteg@Apr 16 2003, 11:25 AM
did any of you actually read my post??? i wanted to know what the cylinder sleeves in a b18c5 are made of..... someone told me they're made of aluminum..... but i'm not sure on the source.

gsr's run 15.7's....... the 2nd gen integra is heavier than a 3rd gen integra..... not by much..... but the gsr is restricted by it's goofy intake manifold..... i have a skunk2.

i wan't to easily run 14's w/o sprayin..... then run low, low, low 14's or maybe 13.9's sprayin.....

dude, just because you start squizzin doesn't mean it'll take like a full second off of your time. the best time i would shoot for is like maybe a half a second quicker, if even that. this isn't TF&TF.

Originally posted by coomersteg@Apr 16 2003, 02:25 PM

ur a second off man, ur probably looking at an s2000 for those stock 1/4 mile times....

The sleeves are STEEL.

The only Civic/Integra/Accord/Prelude engine with an aluminum bore is the H22. I do not know why. My friend sprayed 150 shot on his H22 Prelude, and only burned valves, so I don't see issues with the bottom ends of the H22's either.

A 50 shot will get you from a 15.0 to a LOW LOW 14, POSSIBLY high 13 with good traction. On slicks, spraying as soon as you launch, you might net a mid/low 13 if you're GOOD.

This is just the experiences I've had with nitrous and Honda's.

no 2nd gen is not heavier than 3rd gen integ, 2nd gen is lighter. plus y dont u just got wit ls vtec, its power ful and will take both those motors. use the type R head and stick it to your ls bottome and spray wat the hella u want youll sure to break the 14 range. type r runs mid 14s. gsr run mid to low 15s. and higher if your not a great driver. my friend runs a 15.5 when he completely stock, a 15.3 wit just a cheap no brand name intake from ebay.

Back