Cable to hydro conversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cashen

I drive a 88 crx with a cable tranny currently in it. I'm deciding what transmission to get with my B16 and was wondering how easy it is to convert cable to hydro if at all possible. Thanks. Suggestions for all motor build trans would be helpful also. I currently have a YS1 w/o lsd and the gears are crazy long from what I'm used too. Third goes all the way to 105mph.

Yeah, it's possible, but it's easier to just find a b16a with a cable transmission. It all depends on how you like the feel of the cable transmission. If you like it, stick with it, as cable transmissions are cheaper to come by. Plus, the 92-93 gsr transmission is cable, and has some wicked awesome gearing, and you can swap an ITR lsd or any aftermarket lsd for a late model b-series hydraulic transmission into it without issues.
That is probably going to be my choice if I can't find an inexpensive ITR transmission.

Hasport sells the conversion kit. The cable gsr tranny is rare. Ive been hunting one of those for about ayear with no luck.

Back