cable transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

broadway7272

Hi all,
I have a 93 bubble and was told that i can't use a cable tranny. Does anyone know if there is a conversion that i can do or is it too much trouble.
Thanks, Joe

just get a hydro tranny. why would you want to put a cable tranny in when hydros are much easier to come by?

cable trannies are cheaper, simpler design. IMO id prefer a cable tranny. i like the clutch feel a lot better.

kind of like the difference between the cable shift linkage and the bar shift linkage, i prefer bar as well.

It just seems like more work to convert if you have a better selection of transmisions that are hydraulic. I don't like my cable transmission nearly as much as a hydro one. I guess it's personal preference though.

Mike, the hasport kit retains the hydro setup. All it does is allow the use of a cable trans witht he feel of the hydro...

yes. id probably setup a full cable clutch though. just cause i like cable feel so much better :)

a hydro clutch just has that drive-by-wire feel, doesnt really feel like anything. with a cable clutch you can actually feel it in the pedal just my .02

mike sell me you ls when you get your hydro!! lol I like my cable tranny also. i can see where mike is coming from. I would got with a hydro in a newer car just because its newer tranny. my rex is old as shit so cable is much easier.

You might want to look and see if you can find a hydro tranny first berore you go and spend the money on a hydro kit. You'll be surprised as to how cheap some are.

I want a newer ITR transmission, and I hate the cable feel. Abel: I'll practically GIVE you my LS when I find an ITR for a good price, I might just buy a whole ITR to go with my ITR tranny, lol. You just gotta come to Cali to pick it up, lol. I'll even bbq tri-tip.

Back