Cage Fighting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so are you saying we need more minorities in UFC if we want to watch a good fight?

No.

I am saying that pussies will always be pussies. If you train correctly, engaging your foe should be no problem . . . but pussies wont train right at all . . . and they will give you matches like the above.

No.

I am saying that pussies will always be pussies. If you train correctly, engaging your foe should be no problem . . . but pussies wont train right at all . . . and they will give you matches like the above.
i think we are agreeing here, just in a different way. i bet this kid trained with all sorts of headgear and never got his ass really beat up. you're not a real fighter until you have had your nose broken and such. when it comes down to it, there are fighters and not.

remember that movie "knockaround guys" with vin diesel?

500 fights to be a true tough guy. and thats what he is, a tough guy. the above mention can train all you want, but until you've been through it, you aint shit.

The way I see it, he's saying that suburban white kids are pussies where ghetto white kids would've thrown down.

Though, Urijah Faber is a rich boy from Sacramento and he throws the fuck down...to the point of being dangerous.
does he fight 145 or 155? i would like to see UFC sign him to get some better competition. that kid is fucking hard. well, he's not a kid. he's 28. but he's a terror in the ring. he does do some high risk stuff i don't think he could get away with if he was to fight bj penn or sean sherk.

growing up in a home with an income above $150K doesn't disqualify you for MMA, it's all about personal work ethic and I've seen as many "haves" who are dedicated to hard work as I have seen "have nots" who are. That isn't MMA it's anything in life

growing up in a home with an income above $150K doesn't disqualify you for MMA, it's all about personal work ethic and I've seen as many "haves" who are dedicated to hard work as I have seen "have nots" who are. That isn't MMA it's anything in life

But you never actually did MMA, so how would you know?

does he fight 145 or 155? i would like to see UFC sign him to get some better competition. that kid is fucking hard. well, he's not a kid. he's 28. but he's a terror in the ring. he does do some high risk stuff i don't think he could get away with if he was to fight bj penn or sean sherk.

Faber fights 145. He's the headpiece of WEC which is now owned by the UFC. Without Faber there's not very much to offer in the WEC in terms of stars, so I don't foresee him leaving the WEC especially when 155 is a bit of a stretch for such a short guy who is already stacked.

BJ Penn is a much more technical and a much better fighter, as much as I like Faber. Faber has only been against smaller guys who are scrubs for the most part and not of the caliber of the UFC. With that said Faber is my favorite WEC fighter.

With that said Faber is my favorite WEC fighter.
mine also. actually, he's about the only guy there that i can name. i think the UFC should turn WEC into a proving ground. UFC should add a 145 class. i would like to see faber go up against guys like penn/sherk/manny gamburian (sp)

mine also. actually, he's about the only guy there that i can name. i think the UFC should turn WEC into a proving ground. UFC should add a 145 class. i would like to see faber go up against guys like penn/sherk/manny gamburian (sp)

Not to be redundant but the WEC is essentially UFC's proving ground. The WEC is more or less equivalent to AA or AAA baseball leagues in comparison to MLB.

I don't know if UFC will ever add a 145 class, thats quite light and not as many people get psyched up about smaller guys and their punching power.

Penn might be able to cut to the 145class, although he leaned out quite a bit for his last fight at 155. I think that he could definitely compete as a 145lb'er with his current muscle mass and trimming some of the fat.

Sherk, I don't think you'll ever see him get down to 145. The guy used to fight 170 and is already cutting quite a bit of weight to make the 155.

Faber is just so short that he can compete in a class like 145.

Jenz Palver is fighting in the 145lb class at WEC now and he's a short guy as well.

Most of the guys are going to be 5'6 or have virtually no muscle mass.

well, it's easy to dominate a dilluted weight class. there isn't a lot of competition at 145 unless mexicans convert to mma instead of boxing.

if he could bulk up to 155, he could get a lot more money, better fights, and a little more fame. but, he doesn't really need any of that. it's only if he has that desire.

He can probably do it, but ideally you want to fill up every ounce of your weight class. It would be really difficult and time consuming to put on an additional 10lbs of muscle mass, for a 145lb guy, while remaining natural.

Thats what around ~107% of his total current mass?

Some fighters do it, like BJ Penn just being an outstanding fighter and being able to dominate multiple classes. Randy Couture going from 205 to heavyweight, Dan Henderson going from 185 to 205, etc.

I think that he should be scared of physically stronger fighters in the 155lb division, for example sherk, and also more technical fighters that fill up the full 155lbs like BJ Penn. Unfortunately I think he would have his ass handed to him by those fighters. He tries high flying techniques that are exciting but I've seen him carelessly give up certain positions, like his back, against a bjj black belt that had 20+ fights. He's just been able to physically outclass his opponents through his strength and conditioning. He won't be able to do that in a heavier division.

you're right, he does reckless stuff because he's stronger, faster, and against inexperienced guys. the WEC is the only place he can dominate. not only because of weight differences, but because of quality of fighters.

Back