California BAR legal!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TDaddy

WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

Ok so after 3 visits to the ref we are finally legal.

Here are a few pics

s4087edcae30e8.jpg

s4087eea927110.jpg

s4087ef5486486.jpg

s4087eee8ea70b.jpg

s4087efe499d1b.jpg

s4087ee2581679.jpg

s40bd16634e214.jpg

Man, I love the JDM one-piecers. MMMM MMMM bitch! And the yellow foglights are sweet too. That's a great car, you and Misti have worked hard on it and deserve for it to be legal.

I love those lights you got on the cluster panel man ..looks cool...Mine are organe wishi could change the color

i'm actually going to make my own gauge cluster.... taking those lights out. they're cool for a while, then annoying after that. lol

i'm taking the JDM tach face, and puttin on a 92 USDM speedo face, because in 92 they changed the style of the gauge (it looks noticeably different) so, i didn't want it to look lame by just taking the tach face.

the drama is getting the right one. lol then, doing it is another issue. however, i think it will look awesome when it's done... because, unless you know a lot about G2's, you won't really notice a difference. :)

it's a nice car. And you passed with a CAI and JDM lights? Kick ass.......

Isnt the BAR a legal assessment test and CARB the association that desides the legallity of ones car? :shrug2:

BAR= Bureau of Automotive Repair, if I'm not mistaken the BAR actually does the testing.
CARB= California Air Resources Board, I believe they just set the standards/laws of what your car must do to pass emissions.

you are correct regarding the BAR and its legal meaning

BAR def.
pertaining to: Law.
Attorneys considered as a group.
The profession of law.

Every state has a BAR association which regulates legal licensces and sets the guidelines for acceptable legal practices.

The BAR as it is usually refered to is a test administered by the BAR association for that state to certify that a lawyer is qualified to represent clients.

EDIT: pretty much every "professional" career/job has its own organization to act as a watchdog over the professionals and to act in the interest of the professionals as a group

Well the only BAR that I am familiar with gives me Adios Mother Fuckers and Kamikaze's all night long. The next morning I BARf all over the fucking place.

:thumbsup: those refs are a bitch, unlike the cop who asked me to pop my hood, looks at my b20 vtec, bisi moto header, etc, and says ohh thats not too bad, all you have is an intake, then i go to my car, pull out a BAR sticker from a carb legal line of intakes we sell at work and the cop ohh, well you sound put it on there...

Sweet congrats you two, I am probably going down this road at some point in the near future.

Originally posted by revolution8k
BAR= Bureau of Automotive Repair, if I'm not mistaken the BAR actually does the testing.
CARB= California Air Resources Board, I believe they just set the standards/laws of what your car must do to pass emissions.

From what i know that's correct.

We actually had a stock ls intake on the motor when it passed...but we've since put the CAI back on it. ;) It would have passed had the intake been classified for honda motors 1.6l to 1.8...but it was for 1.8l only. :shrug2: But whatever..we got our sticker and we're happy with it!

Back