Calipar hitting lower fork on strut

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
Here are the specs on my car:

91 Crx
H&R Sport Springs
KYB AGX
Prothane Master bushing kit

As of late I have noticed a banging sound when I turn. Not a clicking like a CV joint but two heavy objects hitting together. Well I got bored tonight and checked it out. On both the driver and passenger side of my car when I turn the wheel the brake caliper will hit the fork on my strut. I am beginning to think that I screwed up some where during my install but I don't really see how I could. I mean shit only goes in one way. I am looking for some advice on what I should look for or ideas on how to remedy the situation. If anyone has any pictures of there suspension on a CRX I would really like to see them. Thanks in advance.

did you mix up the strut forks? you had to have mixed something up cause i have massive type r calipers on my crx and i dont have any clearance issues...

That is what im starting to think. The part of the fork that bends out is facing the front of the car. I need to check my book to make sure that I didnt get them messed up. That is very possible because I had my brother help me out when I put my struts in so the two of us working on it at the same time might have cause it. Thanks and if anyone else has any advice id like to hear it.

just look on the fork itself, it will have a R or an L right in the casting.

Im going to run down and check it now. Im thinking that I have them on the right sides its just I put them on backwards. From looking at the diagrams in my chilton's I am almost positive thats the case if so.... Then good lord should my ride be alot more fun. Thanks for all the help I will have an update in a few minutes.

Quoted post[/post]]
Im going to run down and check it now. Im thinking that I have them on the right sides its just I put them on backwards. From looking at the diagrams in my chilton's I am almost positive thats the case if so.... Then good lord should my ride be alot more fun. Thanks for all the help I will have an update in a few minutes.

if the part of the fork that bends out is facing the front you are good, AS LONG as the pinch bolt at the top of the fork is going through AT THE BACK (engine side of fork) and the head of the bolt should be towards the rear of the vehicle! :)

Back