Calling all Web Designers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
I'm a semi-mostly novice web designer. Taken a couple classes, but never designed anything professionally. I do construction mostly. But my boss approached me to design his website. I need a good lay out, I can go from there, its mostly just going to include shots of previous jobs, mission statement, contact info, and probably about it. IF anyone can help me. It'd be much appreciated.

Hit me up on AIM: bmxslyguy187.

Also what designer should I use? I can probably get frontpage, and dreamweaver, but I don't have them currently, but I defintely have access on wednesday to get them(steal from college).

Absolutely true, B. Also, thats a clever sales pitch that presents an analogy that allows the prospect to visual and grasp the concept - good stuff.

On the same token, if they approached Jordan and he can pull this off, he'll be in his bosses good graces and may have some sort of kickbacks associated with pulling this off.

also...some people like to find a cheaper way out...so they know if they go for an established web design company...then they will be paying the going rate for a website...but if they go for someone who is not with a company...and just does it on the side...then they usually end up paying less for it...and just because the person isnt in a web design company doesnt mean they cant do a good job with a website...especially the one up there...its a really simple website to put together...frontpage would throw that together very easily...if you want a lil flash intro or something though...go with dreamweaver

This is a very very very small and on the brink of being out of work framing company. I mean there is me, the boss, and 3 other guys. I build houses. I don't work for a big time contractor.

But thanks for the advice. I'm going to look into it immediately. I get paid for this, but only double my wage(which blows) so I'm not getting much out of it. He just wants something simple to get his company some hits via web, and to be able to use on local websites for referalls to his company. Most business though, about 95% is word of mouth. He just wants that 5% to be yellow pages / web site.

Back